Chris Cormier – I Am The Real Deal, is a film made for the true bodybuilder.
The film touches every aspect of Chris Cormier’s life and the sport of bodybuilding.
Cormier’s closest friends and competitors contributed to this fantastic documentary, reminiscing about the best and lowest times during Cormier’s bodybuilding career.
Flex Wheeler, Rico McClinton, Shawn Ray, Kevin Levrone, Jay Cutler, Dorian Yates, Dexter Jackson, Ronnie Coleman, Lee Priest, Peter McGough, Roelly Winklaar and more talked about Cormier’s life and their relationship with him.
Chris explains in detail his rise to the top as a professional bodybuilder and the pain he felt in defeat.
Placing second at the Arnold Classic six consecutive times was not handled well by Cormier.
Even though Cormier won numerous competitions, his eye was on the Arnold Classic and not winning that title literally crushed Cormier.
Cormier was also a dominant competitor at the Mr. Olympia, his highest placing was third in 2002.
As many bodybuilding fans just see everything related to the sport from the outside, Chris reveals the reality of the sport and also his darkest moments.
Chris was a party animal, the extreme nightlife and everything related to it almost killed him.
Cormier’s closest friends such as Shawn Ray, Flex Wheeler and Dorian Yates reveal the episodes that lead to the lowest point of his life.
If the drugs didn’t kill him, a severe back injury almost left Cormier paralyzed for life.
From being in a induced coma for over a month and having to learn to walk again, Chris could not accept the fact that he possibly would never be able to compete again.
The film manages to reveal the pain Cormier had to endure. Cormier explains everything in detail in relation to drugs, parties and his severe injuries.
A warrior will always be a warrior and Chris showed this by eventually making his way back to the professional bodybuilding stage.
Chris would then have to face reality and accept he was not the same dominant world class bodybuilder as he was before his back injury and soon after a tricep injury. Competitors that he used to defeat easily were now placing ahead of him.
The future is bright and the film reveals how Chris embraced his new life after professional bodybuilding. Chris eventually gave back to the sport by training the future stars and giving advice to the top professional athletes.
The film manages to capture the true character of Cormier. It is a special moment when an athlete reveals every aspect of his life such as what Cormier did in this film
Chris Cormier is a bodybuilder that competed with the best of the best during what many say was the greatest era in the history of the sport and he will always be remembered for that.
Chris Cormier – I Am The Real Deal, is the real deal!
Pre-Order on DVD, Blue-Ray – Click HERE
Pre-Order on Vimeo NOW – Click HERE
About the Film Makers:
Gary Phillips, Co-Director
Originally from the UK, Gary is one of the most respected and renowned bodybuilding photographers in the industry, having covered every major show for the past three decades.
He also directed Dare2Dream, a documentary on bodybuilding legend Flex Wheeler, and Shadow Warrior about eight-time Mr. Olympia Dorian Yates.
Davin Sgargetta, Co-Director/Writer/Producer
A former bodybuilding magazine editor and filmmaker, Davin knows both worlds very well. He directed the documentary Fat and Back about a personal trainer who deliberately put on weight to understand his clients better, which was sold internationally into more than 20 markets. He also founded the media production business Hook Media, with whom he created the bodybuilding docu-series Gains, following Australian IFBB pro Josh Lenartowicz, among other fitness media products.
Daniel Hedger, Writer/Producer
Another former bodybuilding magazine editor, working at Australian Iron Man for eight years, Daniel now works in the content and video production industry alongside Davin at Hook Media. Daniel also produced the Josh Lenartowicz docu-series Gains.
- 1987 NPC Teen Nationals, Light-Heavyweight, 1st
- 1991 NPC USA Championships, Heavyweight, 4th
- 1993 NPC USA Championships, Heavyweight, 1st and Overall
- 1994 Arnold Classic, 4th
- 1994 Grand Prix France, 7th
- 1994 Grand Prix Germany, 6th
- 1994 Ironman Pro Invitational, 2nd
- 1994 Mr. Olympia, 6th
- 1995 Grand Prix England, 5th
- 1995 Grand Prix France, 5th
- 1995 Grand Prix Germany, 4th
- 1995 Grand Prix Russia, 5th
- 1995 Grand Prix Spain, 4th
- 1995 Grand Prix Ukraine, 4th
- 1995 Night of Champions, 4th
- 1995 Mr. Olympia, 6th
- 1996 Grand Prix Czech Republic, 8th
- 1996 Grand Prix England, 8th
- 1996 Grand Prix Germany, 7th
- 1996 Grand Prix Russia, 8th
- 1996 Grand Prix Spain, 8th
- 1996 Grand Prix Switzerland, 8th
- 1996 Mr. Olympia, 7th
- 1997 Canada Pro Cup, 3rd
- 1997 Grand Prix Czech Republic, 2nd
- 1997 Grand Prix England, 2nd
- 1997 Grand Prix Finland, 2nd
- 1997 Grand Prix Germany, 6th
- 1997 Grand Prix Hungary, 8th
- 1997 Grand Prix Russia, 4th
- 1997 Grand Prix Spain, 6th
- 1997 Night of Champions, 1st
- 1997 Mr. Olympia, 8th
- 1997 Toronto Pro Invitational, 3rd
- 1998 Arnold Classic, 5th
- 1998 Grand Prix Finland, 4th
- 1998 Grand Prix Germany, 4th
- 1998 Mr. Olympia, 6th
- 1999 Arnold Classic, 3rd
- 1999 Ironman Pro Invitational, 1st
- 1999 Mr. Olympia, 3rd
- 2000 Arnold Classic, 2nd
- 2000 Ironman Pro Invitational, 1st
- 2001 Arnold Classic, 2nd
- 2001 Grand Prix Australia, 1st
- 2001 Grand Prix England, 2nd
- 2001 Grand Prix Hungary, 2nd
- 2001 Grand Prix New Zealand, 2nd
- 2001 Ironman Pro Invitational, 1st
- 2001 Mr. Olympia, 5th
- 2001 San Francisco Pro Invitational, 1st
- 2002 Arnold Classic, 2nd
- 2002 Grand Prix Australia, 1st
- 2002 Grand Prix Austria, 1st
- 2002 Grand Prix England, 3rd
- 2002 Grand Prix Holland, 2nd
- 2002 Ironman Pro Invitational, 1st
- 2002 Mr. Olympia, 3rd
- 2002 San Francisco Pro Invitational, 2nd
- 2002 Show of Strength Pro Championship, 3rd
- 2003 Arnold Classic, 2nd
- 2003 Grand Prix Australia, 1st
- 2003 San Francisco Pro Invitational, 2nd
- 2003 Show of Strength Pro Championship, 7th
- 2004 Arnold Classic, 2nd
- 2004 Grand Prix Australia, 2nd
- 2004 Grand Prix England, 2nd
- 2004 Grand Prix Holland, 2nd
- 2004 Mr. Olympia, 7th
- 2005 Arnold Classic, 2nd
- 2005 Grand Prix Australia, 2nd
- 2005 Mr. Olympia, 13th
- 2005 San Francisco Pro Invitational, 1st
- 2007 IFBB Montreal Pro Classic, 4th