RESULTS: Layug breaks through for first Bikini International Crown.
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Janet Layug of Lakeland, Fla., scored the highlight of her career when she won the Bikini International for the first time in her sixth competition on the Arnold Classic stage.
Layug had previously finished a career-best second in Columbus in 2018 after third-place showings in 2015 and 2016 and a fourth-place effort in 2017. After her victory, she received congratulations from Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, $7,000, a Tony Nowak Official Champions Jacket, and the champion’s trophy from Carol Zawadzki of Midway Labs USA and Steve Slater of ROGUE Fitness.
The remainder of the Bikini International top six:
- 2nd place: Elisa Pecini of Brasil received $3,000 and a trophy from Europa Sports and ALLMAX Nutrition.
- 3rd place: Ashley Kaltwasser of Los Angeles, Calif., received $2,000 and a trophy from Jan Tana and Optimum Nutrition.
- 4th place: Jennifer Dorie of Canada, received $1,000 and a trophy from Animal and the Columbus Dispatch.
- 5th place: Marcia Goncalves of Orlando, Fla., received $1,000 and a trophy from Ricart Automotive and VPX.
- 6th place: Lauralie Chapados of Canada received $1,000 and a trophy from Blackstone Labs and MET-Rx.
Judge’s scorecards and winner photos courtesy Arnold Sports Festival (Dave Emery)