PRODUCT REVIEW: Performix Sst Glow.
Here’s our Performix Sst Glow review, which explores the benefits, ingredients, and side effects of this fat burner.
Sst Glow is claimed to be a performance supplement specifically created for women. The producers say that Sst Glow contains „a carefully crafted blend of beauty ingredients including clinically-proven LipoWheat to help maintain healthy skin hydration.“
This supplement also works to increase thermogenesis and fat metabolism in your body. However, it contains a proprietary blend, which brings the supposedly glowy benefits of this supplement under question.
So, can Performix Sst Glow help you feel and look your best? Let’s find out!
Pros and Cons
Some aspects of Performix Sst Glow left us positively surprised, others not so much.
Take a look:
- Caffeine triggers stress hormones which help raise your metabolism
- Cayenne pepper is thermogenic, but its dosage in Sst Glow in unknown
- Uses ingredients that can improve skin health
- Hides the ingredient doses in a proprietary blend
- High price and poor value for money
- Uses Yohimbine which is known to cause serious side effects
- Lack of appetite suppressants
Looking For a Reliable Fat Burner?
Who Makes Sst Glow?
The company named Performix stands behind Sst Glow fat burner. They are a group of individuals who’re all enthusiastic about leading a healthy lifestyle. The company offers a range of products, with Sst Glow being one of their top fat burner and beauty supplements.
Performix pride themselves on „not accepting the norm. We strive to disrupt it.“ Yet they included a proprietary blend in their product. The only thing that a proprietary blend can distrupt are the results you’ll get from this fat burner.
Let’s take a closer look.
These are the three key benefits that Performix Sst Glow is supposed to offer:
- Improved energy and fat metabolism – Achieved by boosting thermogenesis and metabolic work rate of the body.
- Enhanced mental focus – According to the producers, Performix Sst Glow doesn’t just help you achieve your physical goals. It also supports the motivation and drive to get things done. We assume this is due to caffeine and potentially ashwagandha, both of which are known to stimulate dopamine.
- Beautifying skin complex – Supports skin hydration and elasticity with the help of various oils and other ingredients in Sst Glow.
Right off the bat, you’ll notice a proprietary blend in Performix Sst Glow. This is a shady tactic by producers; proprietary blends hide the doses of ingredients that are inside. You can only see the total dosage of all the ingredients combined. The fact that there are actually good ingredients in the blend makes it even more disappointing since we can’t tell whether their dosage will be effective or not.
We noticed there’s no green tea extract, which is a great fat-burning ingredient. There are also no appetite suppressants, which means that this fat burner won’t curb your cravings.
But it’s not all bad. There are some proven ingredients in this product, such as vitamin D3. See for yourself:
Vitamin D3 or the „sunshine hormone“ is found in virtually every cell in your body. It’s important for many of our bodily functions, including hormones, fat metabolism, and more. We find this a great addition to Sst Glow. (1)
You’ve probably heard of people who supplement with vitamin B12 because it’s important not to be deficient in it. These people are doing the right thing; B12 supports your body’s energy metabolism along with reducing fatigue. It may seem like a basic ingredient, but it’s essential for human health. A good foundational ingredient in Performix Sst Glow. (2)
TERRA Pod Ballistic Energy Complex (Proprietary Blend)
- Caffeine Anhydrous – Caffeine is an old-school fat burner, it increases your stress hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol, which pushes the metabolism to work harder and boosts your mental focus. (3) Great for some people, not so much for others. It all depends on how sensitive you are to stimulants.
- Sensoril Ashwagandha – This ingredient can help counteract the negative effects of caffeine. Ashwagandha helps you relax, it boosts your mood, and acts as an adaptogen; protecting you from stress. (4) The problem is, we don’t know the dosage of ashwagandha in this proprietary blend. A dose that’s too low won’t have any effect.
- Mucuna Pruriens – Mucuna interacts with dopamine, helping your brain to create more of the feel-good neurotransmitter. (5) However, we’re not fans of ingredients such as Mucuna, as they bypass the body’s natural production of neurotransmitters. This can potentially cause dysregulation in certain brain pathways. Not to mention that this ingredient won’t help you lose weight.
- Cayenne Pepper – Cayenne pepper radiates heat throughout the body, raising its core temperature. As your body tries to bring its core temperature down, it has to burn a bit more calories. Cayenne will essentially help you sweat more during your workouts. (6)
- Yohimbine – A dangerous ingredient if you ask us. The fact that this ingredient has been banned in some countries, and criticized by the FDA and other health institutions for its potentially dangerous side effects speaks for itself. Side effects from yohimbine include rapid heartbeat, high blood pressure, anxiety episodes, and more. If you don’t like living on the edge, definitely avoid this one. (7)
- Black Pepper Extract (BioPerine) – Doesn’t melt fat, but it can potentiate other ingredients in Performix Sst Glow. We aren’t sure if this is safe since Yohimbine doesn’t need to be potentiated. It’s aggressive enough on its own! (8)
Lipo Beautifying Skin Complex
- Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) – MCTs are healthy fats that serve as a quick energy supply for the body. (9)
- Ginger – Ginger has a number of health benefits, which includes reduced inflammation and improved blood flow. It makes sense why they’ve included it here, since it can boost blood flow to the skin, along with acting as a thermogenic (warming the body up) and boosting caloric expenditure with it. (10)
- Lipowheat® Wheat Oil Extract – This ingredient helps moisturize the skin from the inside along with potentially preventing skin infections. A great beauty product, but the dosage is unknown, so it’s impossible to tell how effective it will be.
- Evening Primrose Oil – Helps improve skin quality, however, the studies that tested this used doses higher than 500mg. It’s safe to assume this product doesn’t contain that much Primrose oil, as both blends of Performix Sst Glow have only 1,185mg combined. (11)
How to Take (Dosage)
You should take 2 capsules (1 serving) of Performix Sst Glow on an empty stomach. Ideally in the morning or early in the day, since it contains caffeine which can impair sleep if taken too late. Don’t exceed the recommended dose of 1 serving per day.
The label also warns not to take Performix Sst Glow with other products that have caffeine or other stimulants. This shouldn’t come as a surprise. This product already has unsafe ingredients at potentially too risky doses. You definitely don’t want to add more fuel to the fire in this case.
Since it contains stimulants, there’s automatically the risk of side effects in people who’re intolerant. Caffeine is a stimulant and as such can cause anxiety, irritability, rapid heart beat, and high blood pressure in sensitive people. That said, it’s perfectly fine for those who can tolerate it.
However, the real problem with Performix Sst Glow is Yohimbine. This is such an aggressive stimulant that it’s been condemned by medical institutions in the USA and Canada. For this reason, we advise staying as far away as possible from Yohimbine.
Performix charges $64.99 for 1 bottle (30 servings) of Sst Glow. Needless to say, a price tag this high demands ingredients of the highest quality, which is something Sst Glow has failed at.
Is Performix Sst Glow Good Value For Money?
Sst Glow didn’t meet our expectations, and as a result, it’s not worth its high price tag. There are many better fat burners out there that cost about the same, but use science-backed ingredients with optimal doses.
Performix Sst Glow has included some promising ingredients in its formula. However, proprietary blends ruined it all. If the dosages were disclosed, we would be able to tell if this product will actually help you burn fat. But since it’s all hidden, no one knows how effective Performix Sst Glow really is. There’s also Yohimbine, which can be harmful for your health.
For a price tag of $64.99, this is unacceptable.
We recommend looking at other options before paying this amount of money for a supplement that isn’t honest and uses questionable ingredients.
If you’re looking for this year’s current Top Rated Fat Burners, click here.
- Vitamin D for Health: A Global Perspective. (source)
- Vitamin B12 in Health and Disease. (source)
- Cortisol responses to mental stress, exercise, and meals following caffeine intake in men and women. (source)
- A Prospective, Randomized Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study of Safety and Efficacy of a High-Concentration Full-Spectrum Extract of Ashwagandha Root in Reducing Stress and Anxiety in Adults. (source)
- Dopamine mediated antidepressant effect of Mucuna pruriens seeds in various experimental models of depression. (source)
- Dietary capsaicin and its anti-obesity potency: from mechanism to clinical implications. (source)
- Non-allowed Pharmacologically Active Substances in Physical and Sexual Performance Enhancing Products. (source)
- Bioavailability enhancers of herbal origin: An overview. (source)
- Emulsification Increases the Acute Ketogenic Effect and Bioavailability of Medium-Chain Triglycerides in Humans. (source)
- Hyperthermic Effect of Ginger (Zingiber officinale) Extract-Containing Beverage on Peripheral Skin Surface Temperature in Women. (source)
- Systemic evening primrose oil improves the biophysical skin parameters of healthy adults. (source)