Qualification rules for 2020 NPC Worldwide International Championships.
VP of TGC (The Garcia Companies) and International Director of the NPC/Pro League Robin Chang, has published the official qualification rules for the 2020 NPC Worldwide International Championships to be held at Athleticon, 9-11 October, 2020.
The main focus for Robin Chang is to promote the NPC Worldwide and at the same time Athleticon.
One interesting fact is that even though Robin Chang used to be the top man for AMI’s Olympia Weekend until being replaced in 2019, he never mentions the Olympia Weekend or Amateur Olympia in any of his social media posts.
Robin has totally disconnected himself from the Olympia brand and is just focusing on pushing the Athleticon brand.
This is a worrying situation for the NPC. As all roads lead to the Olympia Weekend, it is very strange that Jim Manion has employed Robin Chang to promote the NPC Worldwide and at the same time allow him to push Dwayne Johnson’s Athleticon and totally ignore the Olympia brand.
The Olympia Weekend will always be the focal point for the NPC/Pro League, no other competition can replace its history and prestige.
The NPC WORLDWIDE INTERNATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS is NOT open to US athletes.
There is one rule that is causing some controversy. The International Championships is not open to US athletes. Basically the so called biggest NPC amateur competition of the 2020 season will not be open to athletes from the USA.
This rule was most probably made to protect the NPC Nationals.
This will already keep spectators away as the majority of international competitors will not be bringing their family to support them. If the US athletes could compete, they would most probably bring more people to the show.
Robin left a short message on his official Instagram page to explain the qualification rules for the 2020 NPC Worldwide International Championships:
Here we go!!! Seven Bucks Productions will introduce the inaugural NPC Worldwide International Championships at Athleticon! With more than 200+ events scheduled as qualifiers, amateur athletes around the world will compete for the honor to represent their country in Atlanta.
A global marketing campaign will focus on over 40+ nations expected to be represented by their best physique athletes in Men’s Bodybuilding, Classic Physique, Men’s Physique, Women’s Physique, Fitness, Figure, Bikini, and Wellness; all will be battling for that Gold medal and IFBB Pro League professional status!
With Tens of thousands of fitness enthusiasts of all ages making their way to Atlanta this October to be part of a multi-sport, wellness and entertainment weekend experience never seen before, this is an event you don’t want to miss!
The official qualification rules for the 2020 NPc Worldwide International Championships:
1. the NPC WORLDWIDE INTERNATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS is open to the following divisions only: Men’s Bodybuilding, Men’s Classic Physique, Men’s Physique, Women’s Fitness, Women’s Figure, Women’s Bikini, Women’s Physique and Women’s Fitness.
2. The NPC WORLDWIDE INTERNATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS is NOT open to Novice, Juniour or Master Divisions.
3. The NPC WORLDWIDE INTERNATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS is NOT open to US athletes.
4. The division overal 2nd-5th place at a PRO QUALIFIER contest will receive 8, 7, 6 and 5 points respectively.
5. The division overall top 5 at a REGIONAL contest will receive 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 point respectively.
6. If a division at a PRO QUALIFIER or REGIONAL contest has only one class, the competitors will be governed in accordance with rules 4 or 5 above.
7. The Point standings by country will be maintained at NPCNEWSONLINE.com and IFBBPRO.com
8. The Qualifying Period is from October 1, 2019 to August 31, 2020.
9. The top 5 finalists in the point standings in each division per country will qualify.
10. On or about September 1, 2020, the list of qualified athletes will be posted.SHIPS will earn the right to apply for an IFBB Pro card.