REVIEW: Destiny Fat Burner by Muscle Nation
Destiny Fat Burner Review: Muscle Nation takes on the weight loss industry with its very own fat loss supplement. It is a multi-functional fat burner which claims to:
- Enhance fat metabolism
- Provide a crash-free energy boost
- Improve mood and focus
- Reduce appetite
Being packed with numerous ingredients, and with a price of $59.99 a bottle, it certainly piques our interest. Before we look at its effectiveness, however, we need to know what it’s all about. And, so, let’s quickly run through its features and profile.
Destiny Fat Burner at a Glance
Unlike other weight loss supplements, Destiny Fat Burner aims to provide the complete package. From its impactful ingredients to its easy-to-use directions, Muscle Nation kept its consumers in mind. The fat burner also comes in a variety of flavors to suit a range of individual preferences—and possibly motivate its use. Its current flavor profiles include red cherry sticks, coconut passion, cola, jungle fruits, mango pineapple, passionfruit, watermelon bubblegum, citrus crush, nerdy candy, rainbow sherbet, bubblegum grape and strawberry bubblegum. On the other hand, it aims to support fat loss by providing a metabolism boost. Its added ingredients also help to improve mood, performance and appetite while delivering sustained energy throughout the day. Given our overview, its key pros and cons include:
- Induces fat lipolysis while enhancing the body’s resting metabolic rate
- Suppresses appetite
- No crash formulation allows for sustained energy levels
- Natural ingredients
- Multiple flavors available
- Easy to Use
- Certain ingredients might have adverse side effects for some consumers
Who Makes This Product?
Muscle Nation, the company behind Destiny Fat Burner, is an Australian based activewear and supplement brand. The brand has an active following that has only expanded since its advent in 2012. It subsequently jumped into the supplement game in 2019 with an expansive range of products. From protein shakes to fitness snacks, you can find it all on their website. While it primarily operates online, it has a vast network of sellers in 120 countries worldwide. The company’s products have received rave reviewers from consumers marking their success within the industry.
In a similar vein to its other products, Muscle Nation introduced Destiny Fat Burner to fill a gap in the market. Instead of focusing on one element, the company sought to have a comprehensive impact on their consumer’s performance. As such, it provides the following benefits:
- Aids in Body Recomp – The supplement boosts metabolism and fat oxidation to help reduce body fat while maintaining muscle mass.
- Boosts Thermogenesis – It is formulated to increase the resting metabolic rate by providing additional thermogenic effects
- Enhances Mood – Destiny also contains nootropics to improve brain function and elevate mood for optimal athletic performance
- Provides Sustainable Energy – The company touts its no crash formula to help maintain steady energy levels throughout the day
- Reduces Food Cravings – Lastly, it further helps weight loss efforts by allowing you to control your hunger and make healthier food choices.
Destiny fat burner breaks down its ingredients by some broad categories to let users know what to expect from their products. To understand its effectiveness, let us look at what science says about their role within their stated use.
Weight loss supplements commonly use L-Carnitine; however, it has mixed results. Most studies suggest L-Carnitine does not affect fat-burning potential. On the other hand, a recent meta-analysis of nine studies suggests it has some potential (1
). Moreover, L-Carnitine may be indirectly beneficial to weight loss through its performance-enhancing qualities. For example, it helps with improving recovery, increasing stamina, and reducing muscle soreness (2)
Lean GBB – Gamma-Butyrobetaine Ethyl Ester HCl
Gamma-Butyrobetaine, or GBB, is a naturally occurring molecule that converts into L-Carnitine. Therefore, it is essentially used in fat burners to heighten the effects of Carnitine. Its capabilities need further research, however. The preliminary studies of its effects use mice as test subjects (3
), and human testing is still lacking.
Coleus Forskohlii Extract
Destiny Fat Burner uses Forskolin, the active compound of Coleus Forskohlii, as a fat metabolizer. A 12-week trial studying 30 overweight/obese men shows signs of its encouraging results. The participants supplementing with Forskolin were able to reduce their body fat while maintaining bone mass (4
). Moreover, it may provide additional performance-enhancing benefits, such as improving breathing and promoting healthy bone and muscle mass.
Fat burners without caffeine would be an anomaly. Destiny uses two types of caffeine in their formula: Green Coffee Bean Extract and Caffeine Anhydrous. Each compound would provide some fat-burning, energy-stabilizing, or appetite-suppressing benefits that could aid in overall fat loss. On the other hand, its joint caffeine dosage might not work for individuals with caffeine sensitivity.
Meanwhile, cocoa extract releases cAMP, which in turn increases the body’s resting metabolic rate. It is also known to prevent muscle protein catabolism. Consequently, it can help individuals looking to lose weight while gaining muscle mass to expand upon their efforts. More human trials are needed, however. Presently its impact is only understood on a theoretical basis.
Synephrine decreases cravings while elevating the resting metabolic rate. Therefore, it creates an environment for fat loss to occur. One study with 13 participants shows the supplementation of synephrine, with or without caffeine, has a statistically significant impact on fat oxidation. Compared to placebo compared, the other groups were able to enhance their performance and fat loss (5
). But, some studies do suggest there might be adverse cardiovascular risks associated with high amounts of synephrine supplementation (6
). As such, individuals with cardiovascular issues may want to avoid this fat burner.
Aside from fat burning or metabolism-boosting ingredients, Destiny fat burner also includes some energy/mental endurance and nootropics compounds. These include:
- Dynamine: A patented nootropic known for improving mood and heightening focus.
- Pterostilbene: An anti-inflammatory agent helpful for muscle recovery and improving athletic performance.
- Alpha GPC: Commonly found noted for its impact on memory and motor skills, but some studies suggest it may benefit strength as well (7).
- L-Tyrosine: A popular dietary supplement ingredient that makes dopamine, adrenaline, and noradrenaline in our bodies. Therefore, it can help improve mental performance and mood in stressful situations.
- Huperzia Serrata: A herb used within Chinese medicine to enhance brain function by protecting nerve cells.
Destiny Fat Burner certainly contains ingredients known to be effective fat metabolizers. However, there are a few ingredients that can improve the formulation. Notably, green tea extract would be a powerful addition. With its anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, it is a powerhouse on its own. Additionally, soluble fibers can also help to stave off hunger cravings.
How to Take (Dosage)
Muscle Nation makes it easy and enjoyable to use their products by making them flavored drinks. They recommend using the supplement as a pre-workout or a morning/mid-day pick-me-up. Add ½-1 scoop with 400mL of water and shake well before consuming. Moreover, you can build up tolerance by starting with a smaller amount. The company additionally recommends not exceeding 2 scoops per day and drinking the supplement on an empty stomach.
Due to its natural composition, side effects are minimum. However, as suggested above, individuals with caffeine intolerances may experience anxiety, jitters or nausea. It may, likewise, be too strong for individuals with heart issues. To ensure your health and safety, consult a doctor before adding any supplementation to your diet.
Due to its large online following, Destiny Fat Burner has overwhelmingly positive reviews. Many consumers praise the energy-boost they receive to function throughout the day. According to one reviewer, the taste alone keeps them motivated and looking forward to staying consistent. On the other hand, when it comes to its fat burning results, it is a game-changer for some and not so pleasant for others. The negative reviews are few and far between. Given the company primarily operates through its own website or vendors, the reviews may be a little biased. The pessimistic crowd mentions experiencing its side effects. Overall, the product has mostly positive reviews to back up its claims.
Price and Value For Money?
Destiny Fat Burner costs $59.99 per bottle, which is pretty standard for fat burners. It does have a variety of ingredients as performance enhancers to help with body recomposition. Compared to other brands on the market and Destiny reviews, the product seems to provide good value. If you require further supplementation, Muscle Nation does offer bundles that can help you save some coin.
Conclusion to Destiny Fat Burner Fat Burner Review
In short, we’re impressed by Muscle Nation’s Destiny Fat Burner. The supplement has a good array of ingredients to boost fat metabolism while giving you control of your body. From managing your moods to energy, it lets you be in charge of your fitness. Overall, we’d definitely recommend giving Destiny a peak.
- Pooyandjoo M, Nouhi M, Shab-Bidar S, Djafarian K, Olyaeemanesh A. The effect of (L-) carnitine on weight loss in adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Obes Rev. 2016;17(10):970-976. doi:10.1111/obr.12436
- Giamberardino MA, Dragani L, Valente R, Di Lisa F, Saggini R, Vecchiet L. Effects of prolonged L-carnitine administration on delayed muscle pain and CK release after eccentric effort. Int J Sports Med. 1996;17(5):320-324. doi:10.1055/s-2007-972854
- Koeth RA, Levison BS, Culley MK, et al. ?-Butyrobetaine is a proatherogenic intermediate in gut microbial metabolism of L-carnitine to TMAO. Cell Metab. 2014;20(5):799-812. doi:10.1016/j.cmet.2014.10.006
- Godard MP, Johnson BA, Richmond SR. Body composition and hormonal adaptations associated with forskolin consumption in overweight and obese men. Obes Res. 2005;13(8):1335-1343. doi:10.1038/oby.2005.162
- Gutiérrez-Hellín J, Del Coso J. Effects of p-Synephrine and Caffeine Ingestion on Substrate Oxidation during Exercise. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2018;50(9):1899-1906. doi:10.1249/MSS.0000000000001653
- Bakhyia N, Dusemund B, Richter K, et al. Gesundheitliche Risiken von Synephrin in Nahrungsergänzungsmitteln [Risk assessment of synephrine in dietary supplements]. Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz. 2017;60(3):323-331. doi:10.1007/s00103-016-2506-5
- Bellar D, LeBlanc NR, Campbell B. The effect of 6 days of alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine on isometric strength. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2015;12:42. Published 2015 Nov 17. doi:10.1186/s12970-015-0103-x