Why is Estrogen Control Important For Bodybuilders?
Every bodybuilder has faced plateau at one point or another.
You lift heavy, eat clean, drink your protein shake, but your progress seems like it’s come to a halt. Not only are you not losing unwanted fat, but your muscle gains are coming slowly too. What’s the deal?
The issue could very well be an overabundance of estrogen in your body.
For men, the female sex hormone is vital in small amounts. But when it gets too elevated, that’s when your health and performance start to decline.
Read on to discover simple changes you can make to naturally balance your hormones and get your results back on track.
Why is Estrogen Control Important For Bodybuilders?
If you’ve tried everything to gain lean muscle and cut fat with little success, excess estrogen may be to blame. As you probably know, estrogen is the dominant female sex hormone.
Although guys have much less estrogen than women do, they still need estrogen for optimal health. It keeps a role in maintaining your brain and joint health. Believe it or not, but you also need estrogen to produce healthy sperm.
However, as with almost everything, there’s the other side of the story too. Having too much of this female hormone can impair your results in bodybuilding.
A hormonal imbalance happens when your testosterone drops down and estrogen shoots up. If that happens you might start to experience a range of symptoms:
- Weight gain, especially around the belly
- Slow muscle growth
- Weak and deflated muscles in more serious cases
- Infamous ‘man boobs’ or Gynecomastia
- Loss of motivation and sex drive
- Reduced sperm count
- Prostate problems
Too much estrogen and not enough testosterone is the perfect recipe for any of these health issues. If you think you’re experiencing any of these, it’s always important to talk to your doctor first.
Luckily though, there are many ways you can achieve natural estrogen control in bodybuilding, and get back to your best.
Natural Ways of Reducing Estrogen
#1 – Eat Liver-Friendly Foods
Your liver is responsible for helping to get rid of excess estrogen from your body. Therefore, it only makes sense to support it with a good diet.
Experts recommend eating at least 5 servings of vegetables & healthy fruits per day for optimal estrogen metabolism. This includes leafy greens, green tea, garlic, and lemons, all of which help your liver do its job more efficiently.
Eating high-quality liver from a grass-fed animal is another good idea. Who would’ve thought, right? Eating animal liver provides our liver with some of the key nutrients for its function. Due to its nutrient density, animal liver is a great testosterone boosting food too.
#2 – Keep Stress Under Control
Stress is a part of our everyday life. While it might be impossible to avoid it completely, there are certain things you can do to take some of that pressure off.
Since chronic stress triggers estrogen production, taking natural adaptogens and herbs is one of the best ways to relieve stress over time (more on this below).
You can also try other proven ways of de-stressing, such as:
- Spend more time in nature
- Get enough sleep to reduce stress
- Watch something funny, laugh more often
- Take a break from electronics
- Go to yoga classes every week
#3 – Take Natural Estrogen Blockers
Many foods & herbs contain natural estrogen blockers. These compounds work by helping to control estrogen levels within your body.
Top-rated men’s health supplements, such as testosterone boosters, often include natural estrogen blockers in their formulas.
These products work by helping you achieve a hormonal balance. Which can lead to better muscle gains, fat burning, and athletic performance.
Centrapeak – The Best Supplement For Natural Estrogen Control in Bodybuilding
Centrapeak is a male vitality booster designed to enhance your testosterone levels while naturally inhibiting estrogen production.
We did a Centrapeak review a while back, and were very impressed with it right from the start. We aren’t the only ones though, Centrapeak is currently rated by many as one of the most effective men’s health enhancers on the market right now.
An enzyme called aromatase is responsible for converting your testosterone into estrogen. This is the main way male bodybuilders produce estrogen. Natural estrogen control supplements such as Centrapeak work by binding to aromatase to inhibit this conversion.
How Does it Work?
Developed by experts, Centrapeak’s advanced formula helps control your estrogen levels in a number of safe and effective ways:
- Suppresses the production of estrogen – blocks the aromatase enzyme from converting testosterone to estrogen. Centrapeak also has ingredients that work on the brain’s C2 pathway to naturally regulate estrogen production.
- Increases the metabolism of estrogen – enables you to excrete estrogen out of your body faster.
- Reduces the effectiveness of estrogen – makes it easier to build muscle and burn fat.
- Inhibits stress hormones – this includes cortisol which promotes estrogen, is muscle wasting, and triggers fat accumulation.
Is it Safe?
Centrapeak is manufactured in cGMP and FDA-approved facilities.
It only uses natural ingredients that have a history of clinical research backing their effects.
It doesn’t have chemicals or fillers, and the formula is extremely clean. The user reviews are mostly positive as well.
Centrapeak’s Natural Anti-Estrogen Ingredients
Centrapeak’s formula comprises of 12 ingredients in total. Each ingredient has its own role, from supporting your body natural testosterone production, promoting physical and mental resistance to stress, to reducing the female sex hormone estrogen and boosting cognitive function.
Here are the ingredients in Centrapeak that focus on estrogen control:
- Vitamin B6 – Not only does vitamin B6 directly stimulate the production of androgens which make testosterone, but it also signals to your brain to regulate estrogen production. (1, 2)
- Indole-3-Carbinol – Don’t let the name fool you. This is a natural compound found in broccoli, and is shown to be a potent aromatase inhibitor. In other words, it reduces your estrogen levels. A number of clinical trials have also shown that I3C promotes estrogen metabolism, helping you to excrete it faster. (3, 4)
- Rhodiola Rosea – It fights stress and promotes hormonal homeostasis, which in turn boosts your muscle growth and fat burning potential. (5)
- Ashwagandha – Adaptogenic herb from India that, much like Rhodiola Rosea, kills cortisol and other stress hormones that slow down your progress. Not only that, but Ashwagandha also directly promotes testosterone production and muscle hypertrophy. (6, 7, 8)
- Luteolin – A natural bioflavonoid that is known to inhibit the testosterone-to-estrogen conversion – keeping your anabolic hormones in a more youthful range. (9, 10)
Want to know more about Centrapeak’s ingredients? Read our in-depth Centrapeak review here.
Sadly, having too much estrogen can hinder your results in bodybuilding. High estrogen is often the result of a stressful lifestyle, cycling steroids (a big one), poor diet, and other lifestyle factors.
Luckily, there are many natural ways to control estrogen as a bodybuilder and improve your results in the process. From eating liver-friendly foods to reducing stress via yoga and natural supplements.
Centrapeak is our favorite product for combating stress, controlling estrogen, and optimizing men’s health. With a research-backed formula consisting of natural ingredients, it’s the current top-rated testosterone booster and estrogen control supplement on the market.
In our opinion, it’s well worth a go for anyone looking to maximize their performance and results in bodybuilding, naturally.
- Vitamin B6 modulates transcriptional activation by multiple members of the steroid hormone receptor superfamily. (source)
- Indole-3-carbinol is a negative regulator of estrogen. (source)
- Changes in levels of urinary estrogen metabolites after oral indole-3-carbinol treatment in humans. (source)
- Increased target tissue uptake of, and sensitivity to, testosterone in the vitamin B6 deficient rat. (source)
- Stress management and the role of Rhodiola rosea: a review. (source)
- Examining the effect of Withania somnifera supplementation on muscle strength and recovery: a randomized controlled trial. (source)
- A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Crossover Study Examining the Hormonal and Vitality Effects of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) in Aging, Overweight Males. (source)
- A Prospective, Randomized Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study of Safety and Efficacy of a High-Concentration Full-Spectrum Extract of Ashwagandha Root in Reducing Stress and Anxiety in Adults. (source)
- Lignans and flavonoids inhibit aromatase enzyme in human preadipocytes. (source)
- Inhibitory effect of luteolin on estrogen biosynthesis in human ovarian granulosa cells by suppression of aromatase (CYP19). (source)