Arnold Sports Festival will have no spectators due to coronavirus

The competitions will still go on as planned. All professional shows to go on as planned.

0
530
Arnold Sports Festival spectators due coronavirus

Arnold Sports Festival will have no spectators due to coronavirus.

Important news coming from Columbus, Ohio in regards to the 2020 Arnold Sports Festival.

Just a few hours ago, it was confirmed that NO spectators will be allowed entry into the Arnold Sports Festival Expo due to the threat of coronavirus.

It seems, major sporting events in the USA are following the same procedures as what is happening now in Europe, with a number of prolific football (soccer), Formula 1 and other events being cancelled or played behind closed doors.

City officials, in conjunction with the officials in charge of the event have decided to let parts of the event move forward, without any spectators.




As explained, no spectators will be able to attend the event. Only those competing will be in attendance. The only exception being for the finals of the Arnold Classic, which spectators can attend on Saturday night. As a result, all of the expo events have been cancelled as well.

Columbus public-health staff on Tuesday began meeting athletes at Columbus’ John Glenn International Airport as their flights came in to take their temperature, ask if they’ve recently been sick, and/or check to see if they’re listed as coming from one of the five restricted countries. If such cases, the athlete will be quarantined, though that hadn’t happened to anyone as of Tuesday evening, said Dr. Mysheika Roberts, Columbus’ health commissioner.

However, the 200,000 or so fans expected at the event between Thursday and Sunday won’t be permitted to attend any of the competitions, with the exception of the Arnold finals on Saturday, DeWine said.

The conditions at the Arnold – in which a lot of people are congested together in an indoor space — “are ideal to spread the disease,” DeWine said. The finals are considered less of a hazard, the governor added, because only a few thousand spectators will attend in a comparatively less confined space.


DeWine said state officials reached out to event organizers and made a joint decision to partially cancel this year’s Arnold, especially in light of a Centers for Disease Control guidance issued earlier on Tuesday directing officials to consider the ability of local health departments to prevent and contain coronavirus spreading in mass gatherings. The decision to partially cancel was made jointly between state, city, and event officials, in consultation with multiple medical doctors and health officials, he said.

Official press release from NPCNewsonline.com

OFFICIAL NOTICE!
Per the @Arnold Sports Offices To Pro League President Jim Manion, ALL Pro League COMPETITIONS WILL GO ON AS PLANNED!
Men’s Bodybuilding
Classic Men’s Physique
Men’s Physique
Men’s Wheelchair Bodybuilding
Women’s Physique
Figure
Fitness
Bikini
Good Luck To All The Athletes!
Regarding amateur events:
OFFICIAL NOTICE FOR NPCWORLDWIDE ARNOLD AMATEUR
PLEASE READ CLOSELY!
As of now the @npcworldwideofficial @arnold_classic_amateur will begin at 10 a.m. on Wednesday as scheduled. According to this @arnoldsports release by co-promoter Mike Davies the contest is only happening 50-50 & there is a chance it could still be canceled

Arnold Schwarzenegger confirmed the news on his official Instagram page:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9TDRsQl5Ae/